The local authority is responsible for placing children with an EHC plan in special schools. Redgate Primary academy is a 50 place setting for children aged between 3yrs to 11 yrs. At the moment, we are oversubscribed by 4 places.
New Pupil Entry Procedures:
All pupils at Redgate Primary Academy have an Education, Health and Care Plan.
Pupil places are allocated through the Integrated children's disability service at Nottinghamshire County Council. If a request for a place is to be made, contact with ICDS must be made.
Prior to entry:
- Tour of the school.
- ICDS will consult with school to enquire about places and suitability
- School to contact parents and current placement to arrange a visit.
- Member of staff visit to current placement and to check assessment information.
- Transition programme set up with parents, current placement and Redgate Primary Academy.
- Tailored to each individual child,
- Some pupils will require a longer transition than others,
- Transitions will always be arranged with the parents and staff at the current placement,
- Transitions visits will be supported by staff from the current placement,
- Visits will increase in duration and frequency as the programme progresses.
Within seven weeks of entry:
- An assessment of the child’s ability will be carried out.
- Pupil interim targets for the year ahead will be set (in line with their EHCP).
Within the first term:
- A new starter meeting for parents will be scheduled to discuss settling in.
Visits to the school for prospective students are welcome, however, please be aware that to book a visit your child must either have an EHCP or be in the process of applying for one. Please contact the school office to book a viewing.
Click on the link which will take you to the Nottinghamshire County Council website where you should find all the necessary information about admissions to schools.